Questions Leading into the 40 Days of Lent/Preparation of 2018:
- When Easter Sunday arrives, how might I be more like the Risen Savior, Jesus Christ?
- Is there a habit or sin in my life that is keeping me from loving God with my whole heart or loving my neighbor as myself? How can I submit my life to the Holy Spirit’s work in overcoming that habit during the 40 days of preparation?
- Is there anyone in my life from whom I need to ask forgiveness or pursue reconciliation?
- What practical steps can I take to carve out time for (more) daily contemplation?
- What spiritual discipline(s) do I need to nurture so that I might grow?
- How do I need to simplify my life so that I might have more room for godliness?
- How might practicing self-denial during these days of preparation draw me closer to God and prepare me for Easter?
- How will I LEAN on Jesus when self-denial gets hard?
- Is it necessary/helpful for me to share the nature my fast with others for accountability or should I keep it private?
- What does the suffering of Jesus mean to me at this time in my life?
Subscribe to Pastor Andy’s Lent Devotions beginning Wednesday, February 14.